Thursday, January 23, 2020

Note to Self: Let's Be Impractical


*Picture by Belvedere Design

Sometimes, it's nice to live within a "Once Upon A Time". Yes, it's a cliche way to begin a story, but I find it comforting because a majority of my favorite stories begin that way and end with a "Happily Ever After".

Image result for sometimes i believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast
Searching for moments of hope and faith resorted isnt a foreign concept, in every story there are numerous characters on a path toward something(s) they want. Some are trying to break down social and financial barriers, and some are simply reaching for a glimmer of evidence that there is more out in the world.  It only dawned on me how important dreams are after the roughest year of my life, preluded by years who were not so kind to me. I would try and blink out ideas of "Things that Make Me Happy" or "Things I Want to Do." After each idea would show itself I'd slap it away because it was deemed too silly or impractical. Life is dull without such hope for the seemingly silly or a chance at being impractical. So, not for this year or some resolution, but as a further note to self remember to find the impracital and albeit impossibilities and bring them into your circle.

Do I want to participate in NaNoWriMo or attend a writer's conference?
Do I want to travel out of the country?
Do I want to dye my hair lavender and wear flower crown? 

No matter the dreams, hold them tight and no matter who scoffs or doesn't understand keep it close and continue to move toward the silly and impossible things. 
I want to live a life full of color and full of fabulous and ridiculous (even embarrassing) stories.

2 comments:

  1. ♥ I love this. It's why we need fairytales -- to remind us that happily ever afters only come to people who start with a dream.

    ReplyDelete

Flash Fiction Friday #4

It was raining the day I met Jaime, I remember because he was the old kid on the playground who was still swinging from the monkey bars, ...